Turmeric is the golden colored spice that gives curry its bright yellow color. Most people that use turmeric are unaware of its health benefits, and the fact that it can be used in the treatment and management of different ailments. Several scientific studies have been carried out to investigate the healing properties of turmeric. It was discovered that turmeric contains a multitude of active compounds that have medicinal qualities. The most important of these active compounds is curcumin.
The curcuminoids (the active compounds) only make about 3% of the weight of turmeric that is available commercially 1. Thus, despite being the most active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin is lowly concentrated in turmeric. Curcumin makes up 77% of the weight of the curcuminoids in turmeric, while desmethoxycurcumin accounts for 17%, bisdemethoxycurcumin comes in at 3%, while Cyclocurcumin accounts for the remainder 2 .
2. Curcumin is good for your stomach
3. Curcumin Improves Brain Function and Brain Health
4. Curcumin is Beneficial for Kidneys
5. Curcumin is Also Good for Eye Health
6. Curcumin Prevents and Protects Against Cancer
7. Curcumin Protects Your Liver’s Health
8. Curcumin Eases Joint Problems
9. Curcumin Protects against Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungi
10. Curcumin Promotes Women’s Health
11. Curcumin Increases Muscle Tissue, Helps Treat Obesity, Diabetes, and Libido Issues
F. Gluten Free Turmeric Recipe