Monday 9 March 2015

A Calming Ritual + Recipe To Help You Set Your Intentions For The Day

I believe that mornings are the foundation of our day. it is when our feet first come in contact with the earth and we can consciously set our intentions for the day ahead. Taking time out to sit and really take in the morning is so important. This is when I make decisions about the food that I will prepare and eat and how I will approach my day. I check in with my body and allow myself to notice how it is feeling, not comparing it to yesterday but giving its own voice on this day.
I encourage you to slow your mornings down — take time out to create a calmer approach to the ritual of breaking your fast. If it is a cool morning put on the appropriate clothes, make yourself a warm cup of ginger tea or if the morning is hotter have a refreshing mint tea. And then lovingly prepare yourself a nourishing meal that will provide you with the fuel that takes you up to your next meal. I avoid high carbohydrate breakfast as they cause my blood sugar to spike and I find myself hungry again soon after breakfast.
I would like to share a cooling recipe with you a low-carb, high-fat breakfast which is very simple to prepare.
Raspberries Chia Pots With Maple Coconut
Serves 4
Ingredients
  • 1 lb frozen raspberries, thawed
  • 3 tablespoons white chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml/ 4 fl oz) coconut cream
  • 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons white chia seeds
Preparation
1. Use a fork to crush the raspberries. Stir in the chia seeds and mix to combine. Divide the mixture between four 1/2 cup capacity ramekins, cover and chill for 4 hours or until just set.
2. Put the coconut cream, maple syrup and chia seeds into a bowl and mix to combine. Spoon over the raspberry mixture cover and chill for two hours or until set.
Recipe excerpted from Beautiful Food by Jody Vassallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment