Friday 25 September 2015

WHY YOU NEED TO BE GROUNDED

I’ve been conducting Psychic Workshops around Europe for the last three weeks, and have had the pleasure of working with some very talented Psychics and Mediums. One thing we have practiced is the ability to stay grounded. When you are grounded, you get out of your own head, and become connected with the earth energy – allowing you to be fully present in the moment, and open to messages from Spirit.
Going through this process with my students cause me to reflect back on my own early years as a medium, when I first realized the importance of spiritual grounding.
Although I’ve been able to connect with Spirit since I was a young boy, becoming a spiritual medium wasn’t my original career plan. I came to Los Angeles to pursue my dream of becoming a screenwriter, until the fateful day when I realized that the universe had other plans for me.
One day a coworker invited me to come with her to meet a medium named Brian Hurst. After delivering an uncannily accurate reading, Brian told me I had powerful mediumistic abilities, and predicted that I would use this gift to help other people.
Brian’s words haunted me. I started reading everything I could get my hands on about psychic ability and mediumship. I took advantage of every opportunity to try out my new skills – practicing endlessly on friends and co-workers.
What worried me was the idea that my own feelings and emotions, or random thoughts and energy from other people, would interfere with the signals I was getting from Spirit. I realized that the ability to discern those messages would be the key to my success. I instinctively knew that to become an effective medium I had to somehow still the thoughts in my own head, tap into my inner knowing, and become one with the universe.
I started meditating daily. I also joined a development circle, a group of mediums and psychics who were also working hard to enhance their abilities. In the group, we discussed the concept of staying spiritually grounded. I discovered that this practice would not only help me to tune out energetic “static” so that I could receive Spirit communications more clearly, but that it would also protect me from absorbing unwanted energy from other people (living and dead) as I went about my day to day activities.
Here’s how grounding works. Because we are electrically charged beings, we need a grounding chord – otherwise we have too much energy in the head area, which interferes with our spiritual connection. Grounding integrates our energy throughout the body- and also helps to shield us from other people’s energy.
In the development circle we’d meditate and practice guided meditations to quiet our minds and open ourselves up to Spirit. As I became more grounded and present, the signals became more frequent and clearer. I also found that I was able to effectively shield myself from other people’s energy and emotions. This became more and more important as I became more open, and tuned in to the energy around me.
Now the first thing I teach my students is how to ground themselves through meditation and visualization exercises! In fact my 8 week online course, The JVP Psychic and Intuitive Certification Course , starts off with grounding exercises, and explains how to get grounded and stay that way. If you’re interested in learning more, check out that course, along with my meditation downloads at www.jvpschoolofmysticalarts.com
By James Van Praagh

No comments:

Post a Comment