Thursday 11 February 2016

9 Small Ways I Keep My Wife Happy, Every Day

Relationships take work. Hard work. In order to grow in your marriage, you need to embody the change that you want to see. You need to be the positive leader, pioneering habits that result in better outcomes. It’s easy to be selfish, but after having been there and done that, I've realized it's more important to be more concerned with my wife's feelings than my own. I'm not perfect, but I strive daily to make conscious decisions that foster a happy home.
Here are nine of the little ways I keep a smile on my wife’s face:

1. I spend quality time with her.

Knowing your wife’s love language is important. But that’s the first step. Acting out her love language is what can keep her excited to keep pursuing you. Because my wife’s main love language is quality time, I need to make sure I set time aside for her that is of quality in her eyes, not my own.

2. I pray with her every morning and night.

My wife and I have a set of beliefs that is very important to us. We believe prayer is important in helping shape our lives, and constant prayer makes a difference. We do not go to bed or leave for work in the morning without praying together.

3. I take care of the house.

Since I work from home and my wife commutes, I make sure she doesn't come home to a house that needs cleaning.

4. I compliment her, genuinely.

I believe it’s very important to let your partner know that he or she is beautiful, both inside and out, on a regular basis. Words are powerful.

5. I encourage conversation.

Having a deep, distinctive conversation with my wife is like food to her spirit. She enjoys the way we can sit down on the couch and talk candidly about topics that she is interested in.

6. I touch her affectionately.

My wife enjoys it when I just walk up to her and give her a hug. Nothing else needs to be said or done. The embrace says everything that needs to be said.

7. I participate in her interests.

My wife absolutely loves to watch movies. If it were up to her, she would sit down and watch 10 movies back-to-back on a Saturday. When I join her in this activity, she is delighted.

8. I hold her hand.

Wherever we go, I love to see the look on my wife’s face when I grab her hand and hold it. She enjoys the affection that it represents and she feels secure.

9. I text her love notes.

I can take a minute out of my day to text my wife a love note, knowing that it might have just broken up her possibly stressful day and brought a smile to her face. Little things like this are meaningful to her because they remind her I'm thinking of her.

We can change the way our partners view our intentions just by becoming more thoughtful. I want my wife to be happy. That's when she's at her best. I want the best for her. Why would I not put her feelings first? Be consistent and make a commitment to making your wife happy. You'll never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment